NEWS
Friday October 21 2016
Atletico accept Jan ban

Atletico Madrid have officially accepted they will not sign players in January 2017 as they continue to fight the FIFA-imposed transfer sanction.

FIFA and Atletico jointly said in a statement they agreed a timetable for the Court of Arbitration for Sport to give a final ruling on the Spanish club's appeal by next June.

The statement continued by saying that Los Rojiblancos ‘waived their right’ to attempt to freeze the one-year ban pending their appeal decision.

NEWS
Saturday October 8 2016
Spurs ‘crazy for Isco’

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly “crazy” to sign Isco and will go all out for the Real Madrid midfielder in January.

According to Marca, Mauricio Pochettino is a long-term admirer of Isco and sees the former Malaga ace as a “strategic signing” that can give his Tottenham side a step-up in quality.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is said to have taken note of his Coach’s reports on Isco and is ready to satisfy the Argentine’s wishes this winter, given there would be more competition next summer.

BLOG ESPANA
Wednesday September 14 2016
Banned but not weakened

Real Madrid and Atletico recently had appeals for transfer bans rejected, yet Daryl Hammond feels the two rivals will follow Barcelona’s lead in coping just fine.

‘Unjust’ was Luis Enrique’s honest assessment of FIFA’s decision to turn down the appeals of Real Madrid and Atletico against a transfer ban.

As pleasing as it must be for the Barcelona boss to see his rivals squirm, he only knows too well the effect that two transfer windows without the ability to sign new players can have.

BLOG ESPANA
Friday September 2 2016
Spain’s deadline day

Luke Taylor looks at the main talking points in Spain from the final day of the transfer window as little money was spent but big names stayed.

The majority of business in this summer’s transfer window had been completed prior to deadline day for clubs in La Liga, with Paco Alcacer’s move to Barcelona the final big-money transfer that took place. However, that did not stop frenetic activity across Spain as clubs scrambled to strengthen their squads at the last opportunity. 

A lot of the deals that took place were loans as a result of the exalted prices that are attached to the final day of the transfer window and the inability for most clubs to spend vast amounts of money on permanent deals. 

NEWS
Sunday August 28 2016
Fiorentina: Rossi-Celta, Cristoforo signs

Celta Vigo have signed forward Giuseppe Rossi on a season-long loan from Fiorentina, who in turn have snapped up Sevilla’s Sebastian Cristoforo.

Rossi is no stranger to La Liga, the Italian having scored 99 goals for Villarreal between 2006 and 2013 and six in as many months at Levante last season.

The 29-year-old will now undergo a medical with the Galicians, which is expected to be a formality, despite his spate of serious injuries in the last five years.

NEWS
Sunday August 28 2016
Arsenal confirm Mustafi-Perez deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed the signings of Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez after the pair passed medicals.

Mustafi will arrive from Valencia for a reported €40m, while Arsenal are said to have met Perez’s €20m Deportivo La Coruna release clause, although Wenger stressed paperwork for both players had yet to be formalised.

“We have bought two players, Mustafi and Perez,” he told BBC Sport after the Gunners’ 3-1 Premier League win at Watford on Saturday.

NEWS
Sunday August 28 2016
Alcacer to Barca ‘imminent’

Paco Alcacer’s proposed €30m move from Valencia to Barcelona is “practically imminent” as Munir El Haddadi is set to head the other way on loan.

According to Marca among other Spanish newspapers, an official announcement for Alcacer “could be a matter of hours away” after the forward watched Valencia’s 1-0 defeat to Eibar from the stands, despite having travelled to Ipurua.

The forward was also spotted speaking to his Coach Pako Ayestaran before the match, in what the publication made out to be a farewell.

NEWS
Saturday August 27 2016
Official: Eibar loan Granada’s Rico

Eibar have announced the signing of Granada captain Fran Rico on a season-long loan.

Rico was considered surplus to requirements by Paco Jemez and promptly underwent a medical with Eibar before formalising his temporary switch.

The former Real Madrid man will not be presented until Monday but nonetheless features in the Basques’ squad for their match against Valencia on Saturday.

NEWS
Saturday August 27 2016
Official: Lopez returns to Espanyol

Espanyol have confirmed the return of midfielder David Lopez from Napoli for a reported €4.5m.

Lopez has put pen to paper on a four-year contract with Espanyol that could be extended to five, depending on performances.

The 26-year-old began his career at Cornella-El Prat, before joining Napoli two years ago as part of Rafa Benitez’s Spanish recruitment drive.

However, he fell down the pecking order under Benitez’s successor Maurizio Sarri and is now preparing for his presentation on Monday afternoon.

NEWS
Saturday August 27 2016
Porto seal Atleti double deal

Porto have announced the signings of Atletico Madrid midfielders Oliver Torres and Diogo Jota on season-long loans.

Oliver rejoins Porto after spending the 2014-15 campaign with the Portuguese giants, where he scored seven goals in 40 appearances but failed to win any silverware under compatriot and new Spain boss Julen Lopetegui.

Porto have also swooped for Portuguese starlet Diogo after the new boy was not considered part of Diego Simeone’s plans for the season ahead.

Football Italia website