NEWS
Wednesday March 9 2016
‘Aduriz pride, no Laporte, Valverde offers’

Athletic Bilbao President Josu Urrutia is ‘proud’ of Aritz Aduriz and insists no offers have been made for Aymeric Laporte or Ernesto Valverde.

Urrutia spoke to the Press to discuss a range of topics related to affairs at San Mames, and the subject of potential departures was raised.

“Ernesto only has the offer of a great team [Athletic] and Laporte is with a great team,” Urrutia said, AS reports.

NEWS
Tuesday March 8 2016
Four summer signings for Barca?

Denis Suarez will return to Barcelona from Villarreal this summer and be joined by three new faces, a report in Spain claims.

Marca says the Catalans will exercise their €3m option on Suarez and he will be their only midfield addition, barring the unlikely exit of one of the current group.

Barca want to bring a centre-back, a full-back and a forward to Camp Nou and has €50m to spend on their summer purchases.

NEWS
Monday March 7 2016
Athletic to appeal Laporte red

Ernesto Valverde confirmed Athletic Bilbao would appeal Aymeric Laporte’s red card against Sporting Gijon in La Liga on Sunday.

Athletic won 2-0 at El Molinon thanks to goals from Benat Etxeberria and Oscar de Marcos, but their performance was marred by Laporte’s dismissal for two bookable offences, and Valverde made it clear he did not see anything wrong with either yellow.

NEWS
Friday February 19 2016
Laporte: Barca the world’s best

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte has refuelled speculation about his future by confessing Barcelona “are the best team in the world”.

Laporte was forced to deny claims he would reject an offer from Barca if one were on the table last week, and he admits he will “wait patiently” for any developments on his future, with La Blaugrana and Paris Saint-Germain reportedly interested.

NEWS
Monday February 8 2016
Laporte denies Barca rejection

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte has denied suggesting that he would reject an offer from Barcelona.

Laporte is reported to have told Telefoot on Sunday night that he would rebuff Barca's advances in the event they tried to sign him, but he has now accused the Spanish Press of misinterpreting his remarks to the football programme.

"At no time did I declare the statements which have been published by different media outlets," he told AS.

NEWS
Monday February 8 2016
Laporte: I would reject Barca

Aymeric Laporte has claimed that he “would reject” an offer from Barcelona after pledging his loyalty to Athletic Bilbao.

The young defender has long been tipped as a future signing for La Blaugrana, with the La Liga leaders reportedly ready to refresh their centre-back options in the summer, but he distanced himself from the speculation when asked about it.

“Barcelona are one of the most important clubs in the world, but I would reject their offer,” he told Telefoot.

NEWS
Friday January 29 2016
Laporte ‘delighted’ with release clause

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte has insisted that he does not feel priced out of the transfer market by his €50m release clause.

The defender remains a reported target for a number of European heavyweights, including treble holders Barcelona, but extended his contract with Los Leones until 2019 last summer, and he is “delighted” his club value him so highly.

“The club and I are delighted with my price,” he told Onda Vasca.

NEWS
Saturday January 16 2016
Barca eyeing defensive reinforcements?

Barcelona will reportedly target a centre-back and left-back in the summer after Robert Fernandez was spotted at Villarreal-Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the technical secretary attended the Copa del Rey last-16 second leg to keep a close eye on Athletic centre-back Aymeric Laporte and Villarreal left-back Adrian Marin, as opposed to January target Denis Suarez.

NEWS
Wednesday December 30 2015
Laporte a Pep priority?

Athletic Bilbao’s Aymeric Laporte will be a priority for Pep Guardiola when he lands in England, most likely at Manchester City, it’s reported.

Mundo Deportivo repeat City are still considered Guardiola’s likely next posting after it was confirmed he’ll leave Bayern Munich this summer, though Manchester United are still in contention.

NEWS
Wednesday November 11 2015
Laporte: Spain don’t interest me, yet...

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte admits he “doesn’t feel tempted” by a switch to Spain but will reconsider if France continue to overlook him.

The 21-year-old has prolifically represented Les Bleus at youth level but remains devoid of senior recognition, despite Mamadou Sakho’s recent injury, and he has warned his country of birth that he will not wait too much longer.

“France are in my heart because that’s where I was born,” he told RMC.

Football Italia website