Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho looks set to be sold in January due to a ‘war in all directions’, say The Independent.
Manchester United are favourites to land Sancho – who netted in Dortmund's 3-1 loss at Barcelona on Wednesday – amid strong interest from Spain, The Telegraph reported earlier this week.
The teenager was subbed off in the first half in Dortmund’s recent four-goal loss at Bayern Munich while he has also been fined by the club after returning back late from international duty.
It is claimed that the club are also furious with the player’s camp over leaking reports that he is open to leaving the club.
It follows a report in The Athletic which claims the England international feels ‘humiliated and scapegoated’ by the Bundesliga giant in recent weeks.
Real Madrid and Barcelona are both said by reports to be in the race for Sancho alongside Liverpool, although United believe they are the frontrunners.
Last month, Sport Bild claimed that Dortmund are resigned to losing the England international while a recent report in ESPN FC, via El Desmarque, claimed Los Blancos have identified the teenager as a potential signing next year and have registered an interest.
Back in April, Bild said Madrid had targeted the winger and the England international is not in the ‘unsellable’ bracket as Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe is.
The winger was part of the England side who won the 2017 Under-20 World Cup and left Manchester City to join Dortmund the same summer for €8m.
Arriving as a replacement for Ousmane Dembele, who moved to Barcelona for an initial €105m, the 19-year-old has been a revelation at the Bundesliga club and has scored 18 goals for Borussia’s first team.
The London-born winger has also been heavily linked with a return to English football while Madrid invested heavily in their attack this summer – spending €100m on Eden Hazard and €60m on Luka Jovic.