The father and agent of Barcelona midfielder Rafinha Alcantara has confirmed his son has a number of offers from across Europe.
The Brazilian spent the second half of last season on loan at Inter but the Milanese giants have not activated their €35m option to sign the midfielder, which expired this month.
“Milan was always our priority but time has run out,” Marzinho warned, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport.
“We couldn’t afford to wait any longer, now it’s only right for us to look around. He loved it at Inter, he adapted immediately and the fans took to him with affection and enthusiasm.
“Unfortunately we’ve had no signals from the club. It’s a shame, because it would’ve been a chance to play for Inter in Europe after conquering it on the pitch.
“The agreement with Barça expired on June 5. My son would go back even now, but it’s been too long. If they’d wanted to take it seriously they would have moved with conviction. Now it’s important to choose someone else.
“We’ve already talked with the club [Barcelona], and together we’re evaluating what’s best for them and us.
“We’re waiting to understand their intentions, so we can’t yet say where he’ll play.
“There’s no shortage of opportunities, at Inter Rafinha showed that he guarantees a big return and physically he’s very well.
“We also need to thank [Luciano] Spalletti for that, he’s a great Coach who we want to thank. He focused on managing him as well as possible.
“We’re evaluating, the phone is ringing. There have been requests from La Liga, the Premier League, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga.
“Serie A? Of course, some great teams have already contacted us, but I’m not naming names. They’re top secret!
“We need to evaluate what’s best for him, that’s what matters. Until now we put everything on standby waiting for Inter, who tried to lower the price of his buyout clause. Now we have to find a new team as soon as possible.
“The goal is to start pre-season with a new shirt. I’ll take care of the contract, the club will decide on the price.”