Barca to take legal action

Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeuhas revealed that ‘when the Neymar case is over’ the club will look into filing a lawsuit against the person who leaked the Brazilian's contract.

Former chief Sandro Rosell resigned last week after member Jordi Cases filed an action against him for alleged ‘misappropriation of funds’ in the Brazilian’s transfer.

Cases had said that he was not willing to drop the case unless it was assured that he would not be sued for damages – something that Bartomeu confirmed.

“We have evidence that [Cases] did not leak the contracts,” he told reporters.

“When the trial ends, we will take the initiative. We know who did it," said Bartomeu, who believes that Real Madrid have been trying to draw attention to the issue because "they finds it hard to accept that [Barça] has dominated in recent years".

He does not know whether the company MCM – which has a financial dispute with the club over another issue, as announced on Twitter on Sunday – will join the lawsuit which Cases now intends to drop.

"We don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm seeing a certain animosity (from Madrid) towards Barça. It is hard for them to accept that we have two such dominant players as Messi and Neymar," he said.

Tags Bartomeu Neymar