Barcelona boss Tata Martino has insisted Cesc Fabregas will be staying with the club next season.
Manchester United have had two bids for the former Arsenal midfielder turned down this summer but Martino, who had previously said it was up to the player to decide his future, has now made it clear he expects him to stay.
Fabregas was in the starting line-up as Barca thrashed the Thailand national team 7-1 in Bangkok on Wednesday, and Martino asserted afterwards he was not worried about him leaving the Camp Nou.
“Fabregas is still our player and he will be with us next season,” the Argentine was quoted as telling AS.
“Right now I’m more concerned about whether [Carles] Puyol will recover.”
Puyol’s persistent knee injury has forced the Catalans to put the acquisition of a central defender high on their list of priorities, and it is understood a bid of around €40m for Chelsea’s David Luiz has already been tabled.
Even so, Martino refused to be drawn on the issue when questioned.
“I’m in Thailand. I know nothing about any negotiations,” he said.