NEWS
Friday April 5 2019
Pablo Sarabia uncertain on future at Sevilla

Sevilla midfielder Pablo Sarabia has not committed his future to the club with his contract expiring next year: “I will see what happens.”

The 26-year-old has netted 20 goals and provided 13 assists this season for the Andalusian club and has been a model of consistency since joining from Getafe in a €1m deal back in 2016.

“I’m enjoying a good season, and I hope to help my side qualify for the Champions League,” Sarabia told Cadena Ser.

“That is a very important objective, so I will see what happens on that front and then it is time for decisions.”

He is said to be viewed by the FA Cup holders as a potential replacement for Pedro Rodriguez, who is six years his senior.

The Madrid-native started his career at Real Madrid and even made a Copa del Rey appearance in the first-team before joining Getafe in 2011.

In January, a report in Diario AS cited Sevilla’s ‘anxiety’ over the release clause, with the player’s deal in the Andalusian capital in the summer of 2020.

The fresh report claims new sporting director Monchi will prioritise attempts to renew the contract of the midfielder, who has previously been linked with a move to Chelsea.

Sarabia’s current deal contains an €18m release clause.

Football Italia website