Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has left the door open for Chelsea forward Pedro Rodriguez returning to the club.
A report last month in El Dorsal said that the 32-year-old forward looks set to leave Stamford Bridge – where his contract expires next year – in the near future and Turkish giants Fenerbahce were interested.
A subsequent report in the Daily Telegraph claimed Aston Villa were also monitoring a move next year.
“I wish I could go back to Barcelona,” Pedro is cited as saying by Diario AS.
“Everyone knows what I feel for the club and it is obvious that it is a possibility to return. I have always said so, but it is difficult.”
The former Spain international moved to West London in the summer of 2015 from Barcelona and has won a Premier League title at the club, alongside successes in the League Cup, FA Cup and Europa League.
“He is a historic player at this club,” Valverde told his press conference on Friday, as cited by Marca.
“He is one of the players here with the most club titles. He is at another club and we have to respect him. We will see what the future holds.”
The Tenerife-born forward has been a fringe figure this campaign for Frank Lampard’s side but the boss is showing signs of giving more youth players a chance in the first-team.
Callum Hudson-Odoi, Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount are high profile attacking examples of such a policy, alongside the inclusion of summer signing Christian Pulisic.