Real Madrid president Florentino Perez ‘has a feeling’ that Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard will join the club this summer.
The 28-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the outgoing European champions with reports that he is currently house-hunting in the Spanish capital.
Marca have previously reported on a near ‘total agreement’ between all parties with the player to sign a six-year deal at Los Blancos.
“I have a feeling that Eden Hazard will be coming this year,” Perez told an interview on Onda Cero on Monday night.
“I am very interested in him coming to Real Madrid and I am very hopeful he will come in. He is one of the greats of the world of football.”
“How are we going to talk to a club that is playing a final (the Europa League), we have been trying for several years that Hazard is a Madrid player but we have not yet achieved it.”
Hazard told RMC Sport, as cited by El Mundo Deportivo, earlier this month: “I only think about winning the match, then what has to happen will happen.”
It follows on from Hazard’s quotes in Marca earlier this month: “Yes I have made my decision but it is not just about me, I have made my decision, that's it.
“Yes, I wanted that but that's not happened. I'm still waiting like you are waiting and like the fans are waiting.
“When you are on the pitch, you try to be focused on the pitch with the ball. That's it. When I am on the pitch I just try to do the best.
“I am not thinking about this and this, my situation or the club's situation. I just try to win games.”