Marca: Real Madrid make Giovani Lo Celso inquiry

Real Madrid have approached Paris Saint German over the availability of midfielder Giovani Lo Celso, according to reports in Marca this morning.

The Argentinian international is currently on a season long loan at La Liga side Real Betis, and he has impressed with 12 goals for Quique Setien's side in 2018-19. 

However Los Blancos' interest could be frustrated by Real Betis' decision to exercise their end of season purchase option on Lo Celso, for a pre-agreed fee of €25m. 

Setien is a big fan of the 22 year-old, and a permanent transfer would see them own 80% of the player's future rights, with the Ligue 1 leaders retaining the other 20%. 

Real Betis could be open to future offers if Lo Celso joins them in the summer, however they are likely to demand a fee of at least €60m for the highly rated Rosario native. 

Real Madrid could also face competition for Lo Celso's signature from Premier League sides, with Tottenham also rumoured to be keen on him, should Christian Eriksen depart this summer. 

Tags Giovani Lo Celso