Bravo, Ter Stegen issue ultimatums

Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen both want to be Barcelona’s first choice this season and will look to leave if they’re not.

Reports from Catalonia across both Mundo Deportivo and Sport say Ter Stegen expressed his feelings at a meeting at Camp Nou on Tuesday and Bravo has also made his stance clear, as each has offers from other clubs if they’re not content with their situation at Barca.

Barca, however, would expect any interested party to pay the clause for either player – €40m for the older Bravo and €80m for Ter Stegen.

Ter Stegen has reportedly been told he will be first choice this season and play in La Liga, having only had game time in the Champions League and Copa del Rey in his two years at Barca so far, but wants to be told as much by Luis Enrique himself, and as yet hasn’t been.

Bravo was at the Barca offices last Friday to discuss his future and it’s speculated that the first competitive fixture of the season, the first leg of the Supercopa de Espana against Sevilla on August 14, could be decisive.

However, it’s also possible that the goalkeepers could split the two games of the competition, and so Enrique’s decision on who is first choice would be delayed until the first League game of the season, against Real Betis on August 20.

Ter Stegen is said to have told Barca that he has an offer from Manchester City if he wants to leave, and Bravo has also been linked throughout the summer with Pep Guardiola’s side.

Tags Claudio Bravo Marc-Andre Ter Stegen