Marco Asensio will reportedly be part of Real Madrid’s first team for the coming season after convincing Zinedine Zidane.
Asensio has been with Los Blancos for pre-season having spent last year on loan at Espanyol and there was a chance he could have been shipped out again, but Marca reports the Spain Under-21 international will be kept at Santiago Bernabeu.
Zidane has spoken with Asensio and told Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez that he wants him to stay, and the Coach could use the youngster as an option in midfield or attack.
The Coach confirmed the decision to keep Asensio around at a Press conference to preview a friendly with Bayern Munich, though did stress there is still time before the transfer window closes.
“We’re talking about that. We only have a short time but we’re going to see in Madrid and make a decision. Marco is a Madrid player and the idea I have is that he is in the group, because that is also what the player wants,” Zizou said, AS reports.
“But this is what we are talking about because there’s a lot to talk about with all the players. Until [August 31] anything can happen.”