Berlusconi refuses to rule out Kaka

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has refused to rule out a return to the San Siro for Real Madrid midfielder Kaka.

The 30-year-old was reportedly told last week that he was surplus to requirements at Real Madrid, although boss Jose Mourinho appeared to soften his stance on the matter after last Friday’s 5-2 friendly defeat to Benfica.

However, despite no concrete offer having been made for the player and Milan unwilling to pay his €9m-a-year wages, Berlusconi revealed the door still remains open.

“I have not spoken much about it with [Adriano] Galliani and the other board members, but Kaka is in our hearts as a player and a person and I do not exclude the possibility that he will come back,” he told Milan Channel TV.

Reports in the Spanish media claim Madrid want between €25m and €30m for Kaka while Milan would like to take him on loan, with Real paying part of his wages, but Berlusconi pointed to Milan’s new austerity policy regarding signings and salaries.

“The economic situation does not allow for players to be paid super-high wages, as has happened in previous seasons, and I ask our fans to be patient,” he said.

Tags Kaka Milan Silvio Berlusconi