AS maintains that Brazilian midfielder Kaka is set to stay at Real Madrid next season after a lack of serious offers.
The 30-year-old was widely understood to be on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu after boss Jose Mourinho was reported to have informed him last week he was no longer part of his plans.
However, President Florentino Perez is adamant Kaka will not be allowed to leave unless a bid of between €25m and €30m is received, with Mourinho also appearing to leave the door open for him to stay at a Press conference following Friday’s 5-2 defeat to Benfica in Lisbon.
“While Kaka is still a Real Madrid player, and it’s possible he could still be one next year, he will train with the first team and travel with us [to the United States].
“If in the end he stays then I would be delighted as he still has things to offer,” said the Portuguese.
There has been interest from Paris Saint-Germain, New York Red Bulls and Milan over the summer, all of whom have spoken with the player’s agent but have so far declined to put a concrete offer on the table.
Kaka’s preferred option would be a return to former club Milan but the Italians are believed to have wanted him on loan – or at a reduced price – with Madrid continuing to pick up part of his €9m-a-year salary, something Perez rejected out of hand.
The Serie A club’s general manager Adriano Galliani gave Milan’s point of view.
“The problem of taxation is crucial. They say they have changed the law but that applies to new contracts, not old ones, and that makes it almost impossible,” he said.