NEWS
Tuesday July 9 2019
Barcelona insist 'there is no Neymar case'

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu insists the club have not made any approach for Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar.

The fresh comments came after the Parisian club officially stated the Brazilian star had not turned up for pre-season training as requested while sporting director Leonardo admitted he could be sold.

The former Santos forward has been heavily linked with a summer move to Barcelona with his future in the French capital under increasing scrutiny.

“Nothing has changed, everything is the same,” Bartomeu said about Neymar, as cited by Marca, when speaking at the press conference introducing the club’s new goalkeeper Neto.

Brazilian star Neymar left the Camp Nou for Paris in the summer of 2017 for a world record €222m fee, but reports continue to suggest he may be open to a departure from the Parisians.

Neymar has continually been linked with a return to Spain since his departure with the Catalan giants and Real Madrid said to be keen on a future transfer.

A report in Marca last month claimed the Catalan giants were open to the possibility of selling Ousmane Dembele this summer, while the future of Philippe Coutinho is also under scrutiny.

Football Italia website