NEWS
Thursday July 12 2018
Sport: Barca 'have signed' Lenglet

Barcelona have already completed the signing of Sevilla defender Clement Lenglet with an announcement imminent, say Diario Sport.

The report states Barca have paid the Frenchman’s €35m release clause after failing to negotiate down with the Andalusian side.

Lenglet is now set to become the second arrival of the summer at the Camp Nou following a deal for Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo.

Joaquin Caparros - Sevilla’s new Director of Football – had previously confirmed the Catalan giants have made approaches for the central defender but that these have been rejected.

“Sevilla have always said we will not negotiate on Lenglet,” Caparros told Marca last week.

“Barca have been trying to negotiate with us but we have made our position very clear, the only option they have is to pay the release clause.

“Lenglet is a Sevilla player and he took his physical tests this week just like the rest of our squad and he is in our plans for our preseason.

“We have no ambition to negotiate on this.”

The 23-year-old central defender has impressed for Los Rojiblancos in a turbulent season for the club, helping guide them to the Copa del Rey final and last eight of the Champions League.

Lenglet was the penultimate arrival at the Andalusian club under sporting director Monchi, signing from Ligue 1 outfit Nancy in January 2017.

His current deal at the club expires in June 2021 but his current minimum release clause stands at €35m – seen as an affordable price for many leading clubs who may be interested in his services.

See the latest La Liga predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk

Football Italia website