There was 17 Copa del Rey first round fixtures that took place across Spain this evening, pitting the country’s elite with some of the smallest clubs in the football pyramid.
⚡Tanda de penaltis.
Lanza Sergi Guardiola. GOOL (3-4)
— Rayo Vallecano (@RayoVallecano) December 2, 2021
All six Primera clubs won, although Rayo Vallecano were taken all the way to extra-time by Guijuelo only to eventually win a thrilling penalty shoot-out 4-3. See all of tonight’s results below.
- Ibiza Islas Pitiusas 1-2 Tenerife
- Villa de Fortuna 0-7 Cadiz
- Xerez Deportivo 1-2 Leganes
- Club Deportivo Eldense 0-1 Rayo Majadahonda
- Union Adarve 2-2 Lugo (Lugo won 4-3 on penalties)
- Pulpileno 0-1 Castellon
- Cristo Atletico 2-0 Real Union
- Calvo Sotelo Puertollano 1-5 Girona
- Leioa 0-2 Elche
- Llanera 2-1 Logrones
- Utrillas 0-3 Valencia
- Pena Sport 0-3 Malaga
- Huracan Melilla 0-8 Levante
- San Agustin 0-4 Osasuna
- Guijuelo 1-1 Rayo Vallecano (Rayo won 4-3 on penalties)
- Gernika 1-2 Eibar
- Velez 2-3 Las Palmas
— Levante UD 🐸 (@LevanteUD) December 2, 2021
Every side, no matter how small, will have gone into the first round of the oldest national competition in Spain dreaming of replicating Barcelona, who beat Athletic Club 4-0 at La Cartuja down in Seville last season to win the 2021 edition.