Zinedine Zidane wants Gareth Bale to stay at Real Madrid ‘until the end of the season’ and insists the two have a ‘good relationship’.
According to Cadena Ser, the player’s entourage is pressing Madrid into facilitating his departure and requesting that they listen to offers from suitors, including from China.
A report Marca earlier this week claimed Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua will attempt to sign the Welshman in January.
The same outlet add that the relationship between Bale and Zinedine Zidane is essentially non-existent and the two are drifting further apart.
The Welshman was close to a move to the Far East this summer before Los Blancos president Florentino Perez vetoed the deal late on, with Madrid not being entitled to a transfer fee.
“They say I want Bale to leave in January and it's silly, nobody can take something out of my mouth that is false,” Zidane told reporters on Tuesday, as cited by Marca. “I want Bale to stay here until the end of the season, he will also try to play on Sunday.
“He has been injured and he hasn't recovered, but he wants to recover, to play, it's my feeling. The fans have to think positively.
“Nothing has changed, at the moment he is not available. If he goes with the national team and is better, we will see, but I have no doubt that he wants to play with Madrid too.
“I have a good relationship with him, we say good morning every day and I really love all my players. Nothing has ever happened to Bale even with the situation this summer that suggested he was going to leave.
“Then you have to always stop saying the same thing, that they left before the end of the game because when I played the same thing happened, then there is a closer relationship with some players.
“The important thing is that they were before the game with the team and to rest by supporting. You look for things where there are not any. They want to see their team win, I have no doubt about that.”
Earlier in October, Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague spoke on the BBC and wrote in Spanish news outlet Diario AS that the Welshman is angry with the situation he finds himself in and is now ready to walk out of the club.
It has been outlined that Bale was mystified by sitting out the recent Champions League clash against Club Brugge with no explanation, as he was totally fit and injury-free for the clash.
The 30-year-old had appeared to be returning to full form and fitness in the opening weeks of the campaign but is now said to be unhappy with his treatment by boss Zinedine Zidane and the club generally.
“We have a good relationship, no matter what is said about that in the press,” Zidane told reporters last week, as he appeared to refute such allegations.
“He never talks about leaving and I would not welcome his departure in winter. He stayed in the summer and it was the best for everyone.”
Bale has three years remaining on his Madrid contract and his hefty wage bill meant that he had no strong desire to exit the club this summer despite the wishes of the hierarchy in the Spanish capital.
A move to Chinese football broke down at Madrid’s request – as they would not have received a transfer fee – and Bale scored twice, before being sent-off, in a recent 2-2 draw against Villarreal.
Bale has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and three Uefa Super Cups and Club World Cups during his time at Real, scoring over 100 goals across six years.