Deportivo la Coruna director of football Richard Barral insists the club has not received any offers for winger Lucas Perez.

However, Barral admits it would be “understandable” if the 27-year-old leaves the Galicians for what he describes as an “irresistible offer”.

According to his agent Rodrigo Fernandez Lovelle, Perez has attracted interest from a number of top clubs, such as Sevilla, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Leicester City, and has not yet reached agreement over an improved contract with Depor, who own 70 per cent of his rights with the other 30 per cent belonging to former club PAOK.

“We are in ongoing discussions with him but are giving him a bit of breathing space to listen to everything, but we’ve had no concrete offers yet,” maintained Barral.

“In football you must manage time as rushing things leads to mistakes and we can’t go mad again.

“Lucas has several years left on his contract and right now we are including him in the squad for next season.

“He was born in Coruna and had to leave to make a living, but he has returned home, triumphed, and is loved by the fans.

“His intention is to stay and he is pleased by the offer we’ve made him, but it’s understandable if he receives an irresistible offer and accepts it, which the club and the supporters should understand.”

Perez notched 17 goals in 36 La Liga appearances for Depor last term and was instrumental in keeping them in the top flight the previous season.

Tags Lucas Perez