Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres insists his second yellow card against Barcelona was unfair. ‘I told the referee I stumbled…’

Torres will be banned for Wednesday’s second leg between the sides after he received two first half yellow cards in last week’s first leg, but he insisted in an appearance on El Laguero that his second booking was harsh.

“I feel uncomfortable not being able to play. The second off was a very bad moment, one of the worst of my career,” he admitted, AS reports.

“Every time I see it I see that it was more unfair. Disappointment and helplessness. With 11 we would have won. I told the referee I stumbled.

“You think you’re going to get the ball, it’s an action you can perhaps avoid, but it’s not a mistimed tackle.

“The feeling is that it’s not a booking. What I see in that tackle is a stumble.”

Real Madrid play Wolfsburg on Tuesday night in the second leg of the other quarter-final and far from wishing Los Blancos ill, Torres revealed he was pulling for them.

“Of course I wish luck to Madrid, where I have good friends and colleagues,” he confirmed.

“You always want the best to go through in the Champions League.”

Tags Fernando Torres