Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez says only God knows what the future holds for him after the sensational impact he made in the last week.
The Mexican, on a season-long loan at Real Madrid from Manchester United, was widely expected to depart the Santiago Bernabeu this summer after struggling to force his way into Carlo Ancelotti’s starting line-up this season.
However, after scoring the winner in the Champions League quarter-final against Atletico Madrid and then netting a brace in the 4-2 defeat of Celta Vigo on Sunday, Hernandez may have been thrown a lifeline in the Spanish capital.
“More than anything else my goals have served to give me confidence. I love playing football and it’s what makes me feel good,” he told reporters.
“However, only God knows where I will be this time next year and right now my only plan is to continue enjoying things and helping the best team in the world.
“As I’ve said before, I’ve had a tough time and now it’s my turn to enjoy the moment and nothing beats being out there on the pitch.
“What I’ve learned is that being a success is down to me and I need to continue working hard.
“There will always be good days and bad days but if you give your all then you’ll increase your chances of things turning out well.”
“I’m happy for myself but even happier for my family and loved ones, for the people who have always had faith in me and told me my time would come.”
The 26-year-old says it is out of his hands whether he remains a first choice for Ancelotti once Karim Benzema is back to full fitness.
“Those decisions are for the Coach, not me. Right now I’m just enjoying myself. I’m getting opportunities and have to make the most of them,” he maintained.