NEWS
Saturday September 29 2012
Mourinho confirms Zidane goodbye

Jose Mourinho has revealed that Real Madrid director of football Zinedine Zidane said goodbye to the first team two months ago.

Reports in Spain had revealed that the pair were on collision course following Mourinho’s efforts to get the Frenchman to integrate with the squad more, yet Zidane subsequently denied there had been a rift.

However, Mourinho told a Press conference on Saturday that Zidane had informed him two months ago that he had decided to relinquish his role with the team.

“It has been two months since he said goodbye to us, saying he was looking for happiness, somewhere he would be happy.

“He has decided to be a Coach and that’s that. It’s something public, that everybody knows.

“His integration into grassroots football has been made public and he is getting ready to coach in France.

“This story came out very late and I don’t understand it. It was his decision more than two months ago,” revealed Mourinho.

Football Italia website