Barcelona forward Malcom was not involved in training on Thursday as he completes his move to Zenit Saint Petersburg, report Marca.
Everton reportedly made a firm offer of €45m for the player this week, with Diario Sport reporting that Zenit sporting director Javier Ribalta had personally travelled to the Catalan capital to complete a deal.
Zenit’s offer is said to be €40m plus €5m in installments, with Everton’s offer preferred, but the player himself is said to have already reached an agreement with Zenit on a six-year deal worth €5m per season
It is within this context that the Blaugrana would rather he listen to other offers rather than the one Zenit have presented, added the report, but he will now join the Russian club.
The 22-year-old has started just six La Liga games since a €41m summer switch from Bordeaux, and has previously been linked with a move to both Milan and Inter.
It had been said initially that the Catalan giants will demand €60m for any move but the player’s agent held a meeting with the club last week to discuss his future and the player’s concerns.
It is now being claimed that the club will now lower their asking price and seek to recoup the amount of money they spent on the Brazilian last summer.
The Brazilian was set to join Roma last summer from the French club before the Blaugrana moved at the eleventh hour to steal the deal.
It is reported that Barca boss Ernesto Valverde did not give the green light to Malcom’s arrival last year and he does not plan to give him a prominent role in his squad.
He is one of three players – along with Arthur Melo and Arturo Vidal – not to hold an EU passport, meaning Barca are at their limit for Non-EU players, and would have to sell one before buying another – such as Neymar.
Malcom is seen as the fall guy in such a situation and despite the club acknowledging his talent and work ethic, will sanction his exit while Borussia Dortmund and English clubs have also been linked.