Ernesto Valverde warns Barcelona over complacency

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has warned his players against complacency ahead of Sunday night’s La Liga clash against Leganes.

The Catalan giants fell to a shock 2-1 defeat at Butarque earlier in the campaign and Valverde highlighted that match as a warning.

“That was a game in which we played very poorly and were punished,” Valverde told reporters, as cited by Diario AS.

“We were on course for a good result but had a bad few minutes and could not recover from, we must learn from that and we have done.

“They are a side who are extremely well organised and difficult to break down, they play with five defenders and make it difficult to find space in the final third.

“We are in a good position (in the league) but it is now important to push on and continue taking maximum points to create a gap, because in this league every point matters.

“We cannot afford to approach games with a mindset that prevents us from working at our optimum.

“The Chumi case? I have said it before but I will repeat myself that we did everything correctly in that and now we have been cleared.

“Signing a striker? This does not concern me, I have given my thoughts on the issue and now it is in the hands of the club. If we add someone then that is fantastic and if not, we work with those who are here.”

Tags Ernesto Valverde