Real Madrid have issued a statement denying they are to be subject to a transfer embargo after claims made earlier on Wednesday.
It was alleged that both Madrid and Atletico Madrid were to be sanctioned by FIFA in a similar fashion to the ban imposed on Barcelona for the signing of underage players, while Getafe and Villarreal were also said to be under investigation.
Madrid have formally denied the allegation, however, issuing a statement to outline their position.
“In view of last night's reports, alluding to supposed legal sources, about a future sanction against Real Madrid for possible infractions in the signing of foreign minors, the club would like to state the following,” the response began.
“1. That said information is completely false, as demonstrated by the fact that the Spanish Football Federation has spoken to different media outlets to refute the claims that Real Madrid is implicated in any kind of irregular activity when it comes to signing minors.
2. Real Madrid reiterates that the club has always scrupulously adhered to the FIFA regulations, as was explained in detail in the official announcement dated 26 January 2015.
3. Real Madrid is once again saddened by these reports, some of which are intended to cause harm, the only aim of which are to implicate the club in supposed infractions that have not been committed.
4. At the same time, it is surprising that certain media outlets insist on connecting the latest signings with a hypothetical sanction, as there is no relationship between the signing of players and their subsequent inscription, which is what FIFA prohibits.
5. Real Madrid reiterates once again its absolute commitment to the defence, protection and the correct and healthy development of minors, which take precedence over sporting interests and, as a consequence, confirms its total support of these FIFA regulations and the club's adherence to them.”