Bale ruled out of Spurs opener

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that Gareth Bale will miss the club’s Premier League opener against Crystal Palace.

The north London club play their capital rivals in the first round of fixtures this Sunday, but the Portuguese Coach has admitted that the 24-year-old will sit out the clash.

“No [Bale won’t play], because he's been out injured for most of pre-season,” he told Sky Sports.

"He was involved in the games against Brentford and Swindon but not any others, for different reasons – he pulled a muscle in his gluteus that prevented him from being involved for two weeks and he's been complaining of pain in the foot.

“I think the most natural thing is to see him not involved against Palace."

Earlier this week reports in the British Press claimed that the Wales international had told his teammates he would ‘never wear the Spurs shirt again’ following increased speculation around a move to Real Madrid.

Tags Bale tottenham Villas-Boas