Valverde: Not best time to renew

Ernesto Valverde has said that his talks over a new deal with Valencia will not take place until ‘things have calmed down’.

Since turning around Los Che’s fortunes following his November arrival, speculation has surrounded the Coach’s future, with his current deal only running until the summer.

Whilst reports indicated that he was reluctant to sign on until the club’s off-the-field issues were clearer, last Friday saw Valverde hint that he would soon begin talks on a deal that had been offered to him ‘months before’.

However, hours later President Manuel Llorente resigned and today Valverde admitted that things are perhaps back to square one.

“We need to talk again after everything that has happened. There is an overall uncertainty,” the tactician told reporters at today’s Press conference.

“The idea for now, if possible, is for everything to calm down a bit and then, when we have to talk, we will sit down.

“What surprises me is that there is so much talk about this and not about Saturday’s match against Espanyol.

“This match will affect the future status of the club, which is fighting to be in the Champions League.

“I do not know if we will meet for a further proposal. At the moment I have no offers from any other teams, but we’ll see when the time comes. I do not have to rush in any event.

“We want everyone working in the club to have stability. Things must be calm so as to have continuity.

“The football world is constantly unstable, it is like a slide that sometimes goes up and sometimes down.”

Tags Bankia Fundacio VCF Manuel Llorente Valverde