Ernesto Valverde has claimed that his Valencia side will not 'bow down' to Real Madrid as they face Los Blancos in the Copa del Rey.
Los Che host Jose Mourinho's side in the quarter-final second-leg on Wednesday, and the 48-year-old has admitted that his team will go for the win, despite being down 2-0 from the first-leg and also having lost to the capital side 5-0 at the weekend.
“Against Madrid we cannot just bow down,” he told a Press conference. “We can't just sit back – we have to go forward and try for the win.
“We'll see what happens. So far we have not played well against them. I hope for a win, but beyond that we must ensure that the team is proud of what they have done.
“Things like last weekend happen sometimes. We just have to make sure the same mistakes are not repeated.”
He also commented on the supporters’ adverse reaction since he took over last month.
“I understand that there is a feeling of frustration,” he said. “Everyone wants to win all of the time.
“A lot of people come to watch us at Mestalla – we just have to try and put in good performances on the pitch.”