Mendilibar: No emergency here

Osasuna boss Jose Luis Mendilibar says his team's failure to collect a point so far this season is no cause for panic.

Los Rojillos were beaten 2-0 by Deportivo La Coruna on the opening day of the campaign then lost 2-1 to Barcelona last Sunday, despite an impressive performance against the Catalan giants at El Sadar.

But the 51-year-old tactician has urged fans to relax, as with the season only two weeks old, there are still plenty of opportunities for points.

“We should not go crazy,” he told a press conference today. “If we say that there's an emergency after only two games, than that is not good.

“It is true that if we stay on zero points for too long, then it starts messing with your head, but we can't start thinking like that.

“We haven't won yet, but there's no need to be nervous.”

Osasuna travel to Celta Vigo on Saturday looking to open their account for the season.

Tags Mendilibar