NEWS
Friday September 1 2017
Barca abandon deadline-day deals

In a dramatic late twist, Barcelona abandoned their deadline-day business and will explain why at a Press conference on Saturday.

According to Sport, Paris Saint-Germain’s “stubbornness” over Angel Di Maria’s sale prompted Barca to back out of talks.

It comes despite the Catalans upping their offer to a figure in the region of €45m.

Furthermore, Liverpool have included Philippe Coutinho in their Premier League and Champions League squads, while Mundo Deportivo notes Monaco have refused a late approach for Thomas Lemar.

NEWS
Friday September 1 2017
PSG ‘surprised’ by FFP probe

Paris Saint-Germain insist they are “surprised” by UEFA’s decision to investigate them over Financial Fair Play.

UEFA confirmed on Friday that it would be probing PSG after their record-breaking deals for ex-Barcelona superstar Neymar and French wonderkid Kylian Mbappe, but the Ligue 1 giants made it clear they had nothing to hide.

NEWS
Friday September 1 2017
PSG probed over Neymar & Mbappe

UEFA has confirmed that it will open an Financial Fair Play investigation into Paris Saint-Germain’s transfer dealings.

PSG have come under fire for how they have funded world-record deals to bring in Neymar from Barcelona and Real Madrid target Kylian Mbappe, and they are now being taken to task by UEFA.

NEWS
Monday August 28 2017
Jovetic replaces Mbappe '10'

Leaked online photos have confirmed Stevan Jovetic has joined Monaco and taken Kylian Mbappe’s ’10’ shirt at the French champions.

The Montenegro international has reportedly moved to the Stade Louis II in a €11m deal and the photos appear to have been taken after undergoing his medical examinations on Monday.

His shirt number is significant as it appears to confirm Kylian Mbappe’s departure from the club, with widespread speculation he is on the verge of joining Paris Saint-Germain.

NEWS
Monday August 28 2017
Sevilla-target Jovetic set for Monaco

Sevilla are set to miss out on Inter forward Stevan Jovetic is on the verge of joining Ligue 1 champions Monaco, according to reports.

L’Equipe state the Montenegro international is set to move to the Stade Louis II in a €11m deal, undergoing his medical examinations on Monday.

The former Manchester City forward is set to arrive at Monaco with the departure of in-demand striker Kylian Mbappe to Paris Saint-Germain seemingly imminent.

NEWS
Thursday August 24 2017
Madrid still in Mbappe race

Real Madrid are still holding out hope of signing Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe but their offer is inferior to Paris Saint-Germain’s, say reports.

According to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solehol, the Parisians have offered the 18-year-old a staggering €350k per week, a massive increase from his current €17.5k weekly salary at the French champions.

Madrid have also approached the teenager, who is said to be a fan of the club, but their contract offer is said to be €130k.

NEWS
Saturday August 12 2017
Madrid accept Mbappe defeat?

Real Madrid are not expected to sign any forwards this summer after reportedly accepting that Kylian Mbappe will join Paris Saint-Germain.

According to Marca, Madrid’s board and Coach Zinedine Zidane both agreed to “leave the squad as it is and rely on BBC” after “Mbappe’s departure to PSG”.

NEWS
Friday August 11 2017
PSG beat Madrid to Mbappe - reports

Paris Saint-Germain have beaten Real Madrid to the signing of Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe after reaching a €180m, say multiple reports.

Various media outlets across Europe including Marca, AS, Diario Sport and El Mundo Deportivo all report on the landmark deal for the French teenager strike, who had been strongly linked with a move to the Bernabeu.

It looks to be the second massive blow the Parisians have landed on La Liga after the world record €222m agreement for Neymar from Barcelona earlier this month.

NEWS
Monday August 7 2017
Barcelona in for Thomas Lemar

Barcelona are considering a move for Monaco attacker Thomas Lemar as part of their rebuild following Neymar’s exit to Paris Saint-Germain.

Sky Sports News report the Blaugrana are in for the 21-year-old who predominantly plays on the left-side of attack but is versatile across a number of offensive roles.

Monaco signed the forward from Caen for a reported €4m in 2015 while Premier League side Arsenal have reportedly seen a bid of €45m for him knocked back this summer.

BLOG ESPANA
Friday August 4 2017
Neymar no more

Neymar’s €222m transfer to Paris Saint-Germain deprived Barcelona of their heir to Lionel Messi. Jagjeet Uberoi analyses what the deal means for the Catalans.

In the summer of 2013, Barcelona pulled out all the stops and explored all possible avenues in the hope of securing a deal that they saw as a monumental step forward in preparing for life after Lionel Messi.

Football Italia website