NEWS
Sunday June 10 2018
Atleti handed Lemar boost?

Atletico Madrid have reportedly been handed a boost in their pursuit of Thomas Lemar as Monaco have seemingly signed the winger’s replacement.

AS claims the replacement in question is France Under-21 international Samuel Grandisir, who caught the eye at Troyes last season and joins for just €3m.

Consequently, the 21-year-old may trigger Lemar’s proposed move to Atleti and let Antoine Griezmann sign for Barcelona.

NEWS
Friday June 1 2018
Atletico 'very close to Sidibe signing'

Atletico Madrid are very close to making Monaco defender Djibril Sidibe their first signing of the summer, according to reports.

Marca cite a report in L’Equipe which states the two clubs are in advanced negotiations for the French full-back, with a deal expected before the World Cup begins.

The 25-year-old helped Monaco to the 2016/17 Ligue 1 title and their run to the semi-finals but was one of the regulars from that side not to leave last summer.

NEWS
Thursday May 24 2018
Sidibe an alternative for Atleti?

Djibril Sidibe is being touted as a possible replacement for Sime Vrsaljko at Atletico Madrid for next season.

Vrsaljko’s future with Los Colchoneros is up in the air and the club are anxious to find an alternative, should the Croatia international full-back decide on a move away from the Wanda Metropolitano.

NEWS
Thursday May 24 2018
Falcao receives fine and jail term

Former Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has been sentenced to a €9m fine and a 16-month jail term for tax fraud.

However, the law in Spain states that prison is only compulsory for sentences of more than two years and the ruling was immediately suspended.

The Colombia international, who has played for several clubs in Europe including Porto Monaco, Manchester United and Chelsea, was charged with two tax offences concerning false income statements and image rights fraud during his time with Atleti.

NEWS
Thursday January 25 2018
Barca face Arthur competition

Barcelona are continuing to work on the transfer of Gremio midfielder Arthur but may face competition from France, according to reports in Spain.

The front page of El Mundo Deportivo earlier this week carried the story that the 21-year-old had been given the all-clear to join Barca in a deal this summer.

However, Diario Sport – the other main Catalan sports media outlet – has claimed that both Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco are also working on a deal for the Brazilian.

NEWS
Wednesday January 17 2018
Fabinho rules out January move

Monaco midfielder Fabinho – previously considered a transfer target for Atletico Madrid – will not be moving in the January transfer window.

Formerly of Real Madrid, the Brazilian had been linked with a summer move to Los Rojiblancos before their player registration ban was extended.

“Right now I have no thoughts about leaving,” Fabinho told O Globoesporte.

“It would take an incredible offer for the club to consider selling me and it would not be easy, but the summer is a possibility.

NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Atleti look to Fabinho deal

Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are both expected to go head-to-head for Monaco midfielder Fabinho next summer, say reports.

The Brazilian stayed on with the French champions this summer despite a raft of star exits and he has admitted he looks set to leave the club in summer with Diego Simeone’s side one of a number of options.

“It's a possibility, but no one from Atletico has spoken to me or my agent,” Fabinho told L’Equipe, in quotes carried by ESPN.

NEWS
Wednesday November 1 2017
Barca to return for Lemar?

Barcelona have restarted their interest in Monaco forward Thomas Lemar after initial interest over the summer, according to reports.

The 21-year-old playmaker is also being heavily linked to Arsenal and Liverpool and a move away from the French champions at the end of the season is said to be plausible.

Diario Sport cites a report in The Daily Telegraph that the Blaugrana have joined the race to sign the Frenchman, who has scored one goal in 13 appearances so far this campaign.

NEWS
Thursday October 19 2017
Agent: Mbappe wanted Barca

Agent Josep Maria Minguella claims Kylian Mbappe “wanted to join Barcelona” and that the Catalans “could’ve had him for €150m.”

Minguella is known for his close links to Barca and playing a key role in taking Lionel Messi to the club, and the representative suggested Mbappe was ready to replace Neymar at Camp Nou over the summer, having been put off by the presence of BBC at Real Madrid.

“Mbappe said he only wanted to sign for Barcelona when he learned that Neymar was going to PSG,” he told Cadena COPE.

NEWS
Saturday September 2 2017
Mbappe: Why PSG over Madrid…

Kylian Mbappe has explained why he joined Paris Saint-Germain over Real Madrid. “It’s the perfect project for me, and I’ll play.”

Mbappe was heavily tipped to join Madrid due to his support for Los Blancos and their sales of several attackers, but the teenage forward ultimately left Monaco for PSG in a deal only eclipsed by Neymar’s €222m transfer from Barcelona.

“I’m very happy to have joined such a big club,” he said after France’s 4-0 win against Netherlands.

Football Italia website