NEWS
Tuesday September 18 2018
Diego Simeone speaks of respect for Monaco's Leonardo Jardim

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has spoken in glowing terms of his Monaco counterpart Leonardo Jardim ahead of Tuesday night’s meeting.

Los Rojiblancos travel to the French club in the opening round of fixtures in Group A of the Champions League with the Argentine praising the Portuguese boss.

“Leonardo Jardim is a smart guy who has been building with the club for a long time,” Simeone told reporters ahead of Tuesday night’s match.

NEWS
Friday August 17 2018
Madrid still regret Mbappe - Monaco

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez remains regretful over not signing Kylian Mbappe last summer, claims Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.

The teenage striking sensation joined Paris Saint-Germain on an initial loan deal with a potential total sale value of €180m, after Madrid had been heavily linked.

“Every time I meet with Florentino (Perez), he tells me of his regret for the Mbappe situation,” Vasilyev told RMC Sport, as cited by Cadena Cope.

NEWS
Thursday August 9 2018
PSG and Monaco want Rakitic

Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco are both on the trail of Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic, who has a €125m buy-out clause in his contract.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the Croatian’s impressive World Cup did not go unnoticed by some of Europe’s top clubs, who know his rescission clause at the Camp Nou is affordable in today’s inflated market.

As a result, the Catalans have received several enquiries over the 30-year-old, and two them – Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco – are understood to be weighing up offers.

NEWS
Thursday July 26 2018
James must pay for tax fraud

On-loan Bayern Munich midfielder James Rodriguez must pay €11.65m for tax fraud relating to his time spent with parent club Real Madrid.

According to El Mundo, the Colombian faces having to pay this amount for money earned in image rights after signing for Madrid from Monaco in July 2014 for a reported €80m, having been one of the revelations of that summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

The newspaper claims James received €12m for his image rights and declared this income as a non-Spanish resident, paying a relatively small amount

NEWS
Monday July 2 2018
Barca's Robert Navarro joins Monaco

Monaco have completed the signing of Barcelona’s highly-rated youngster Robert Navarro on a five-year contract.

The Spanish attacking midfielder turned 16 in April and in doing so became eligible to speak to other clubs in Europe and had been linked to both Arsenal and Manchester City.

Last month, a report in Diario Sport claimed Navarro has agreed an initial three-year move alongside an option for the club to add a further two at their own discretion.

NEWS
Monday June 25 2018
Sidibe decision 'after World Cup'

Monaco defender Djibril Sidibe will make a decision on his future ‘after the World Cup’ amid interest from Atletico Madrid, according to reports.

Earlier this month, Marca cited a report in L’Equipe stating the two clubs were in advanced negotiations for the French full-back, with a deal expected before the World Cup began.

Get French Football News cite a report in Nice-Matin that the defender is yet to make a decision, and a transfer would be priced in the region of €30-35m.

NEWS
Tuesday June 19 2018
Monaco to sign Barca's Robert Navarro

Monaco have agreed a deal to sign Barcelona’s highly-rated youngster Robert Navarro on a five-year contract, say reports in the Spanish press.

The Spanish attacking midfielder turned 16 in April and in doing so became eligible to speak to other clubs in Europe and had been linked to both Arsenal and Manchester City.

A report in Diario Sport claims Navarro has agreed an initial three-year move alongside an option for the club to add a further two at their own discretion.

NEWS
Tuesday June 19 2018
Atleti confirm Lemar signing

Atletico Madrid have confirmed Monaco forward Thomas Lemar has agreed to join the club with the contract signed in Russia.

The two clubs confirmed last week that they had reached a "preliminary agreement" for a deal that is said to be worth €60m.

The 22-year-old is part of France’s 23-man panel for this summer’s World Cup tournament and is expected to join his new teammates next month.

NEWS
Wednesday June 13 2018
Atleti reach Thomas Lemar agreement

Atletico Madrid have reached a "preliminary agreement" to sign Monaco forward Thomas Lemar in a deal worth €60m, it has been confirmed.

The 22-year-old is part of France’s 23-man panel for this summer’s World Cup tournament and is expected to join his new teammates next month.

Lemar – who had been strongly linked with moves to Arsenal and Liverpool last summer – joined the Ligue 1 club from Caen in the summer of 2015.

NEWS
Tuesday June 12 2018
Atleti agree terms for Lemar - report

Atletico Madrid are close to completing the signing of Monaco attacker Thomas Lemar with a deal expected imminently, according to reports in Spain.

Cadena Ser say that a deal is ‘virtually done’ and the deal is in such advanced stages that the Frenchman has been promised the number 10 shirt at the club.

The 22-year-old is a versatile attacker able to play on both wings as well as through the centre and in a free role, while he is predominantly left-footed.

Football Italia website