NEWS
Friday March 6 2015
Marcelo ends Brazil exile

Real Madrid left-back Marcelo has ended his Brazil exile under Carlos Dunga after being called up for matches against France and Chile this month.

The 26-year-old had yet to feature under the returning Coach, with his last Selecao appearances coming at the World Cup last summer.

He also came in from criticism from the former Fiorentina midfielder, who suggested he did not show enough of an interest in defending.

NEWS
Monday January 26 2015
Alves refuses to deny Bacca insult

Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves has neither confirmed nor denied that he insulted Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca.

The Andalusians were awarded two penalties in Sunday’s 3-1 defeat to Los Che at Mestalla, the second of which was saved by Alves, who appeared to direct some choice words towards the Colombian before he took it.

“I have an intuition when it comes to penalties and luckily I saved the second one and that helped my team,” he told Cadena SER’s ‘El Larguero’ programme.

NEWS
Monday December 1 2014
Alves: Defeat leaves a bad taste

Diego Alves rued Valencia's misfortune during their 1-0 defeat to Barcelona on Sunday but nonetheless insisted on 'taking positives' from the result.

Los Che seemingly secured a point at Mestalla until Sergio Busquets won the match for Barca deep in injury time, and the goalkeeper admitted that the nature of his side’s loss left a ‘bitter taste’ in his teammates’ mouths.

"I think we had very clear chances to score," he maintained when speaking to assembled journalists after the match.

NEWS
Sunday November 23 2014
‘Valencia need to get over Levante loss’

Diego Alves has called for his Valencia teammates to put Sunday’s 2-1 defeat against Levante behind them, and quickly.

Los Che lost the Valencian derby to their struggling near neighbours and the goalkeeper told the club’s official website that going behind for a second time immediately after drawing level had a hefty impact.

“Defeats always hurt a lot, even more when it is in a derby,” he said.

“We need to get over it and pick ourselves up as soon as possible. We had chances but Levante were more effective.

NEWS
Wednesday July 9 2014
Alves signs Valencia extension

Diego Alves has signed a new five-year contract with Valencia, tying the goalkeeper to the club until 2019.

Mundo Deportivo report that the Brazilian’s fresh terms were confirmed on the club’s website.

The 29-year-old made 35 appearances last season and has been a Valencia player since a 2011 move from Almeria.

NEWS
Thursday November 28 2013
Diego Alves: We’re always self-critical

Diego Alves has mused on Valencia’s desire to reverse their current situation and assured that they are always looking for ways to improve.

Los Che are stuck in mid-table in La Liga after a miserable opening half to the season, which has been compounded with recent disappointing results against Real Valladolid and Elche.

However, for the side’s Brazilian goalkeeper, the determination and approach to do something about it is there.

NEWS
Monday September 30 2013
Valencia lose Alves for a month

Valencia will have to do without goalkeeper Diego Alves for up to a month, after tests confirmed the extent of a hamstring injury sustained.

The Brazilian had been Los Che’s regular starter ahead of Vicente Guaita in the League this season, with the latter taking appearances in Europe, but now faces up to four weeks on the sidelines.

Valencia have today confirmed that the injury Alves suffered in the final 15 minutes of the weekend game against Rayo Vallecano was a hamstring strain.

NEWS
Sunday September 22 2013
'Who wouldn't want to play for Barca?'

Valencia golakeepe Diego Alves has admitted that he would be open to a move to Barcelona next summer.

Victor Valdes is set to leave Camp Nou at the end of the season with his contract at the club expiring.

And the Mestalla man has conceded that he would be interested in joining Tata Martino’s men.

“Who wouldn’t like to play for Barça?” he told Placar.

“However, I’m sorry that Valdes is leaving. He’s a great loss to them. I think he’s the most in-form keeper around.

NEWS
Tuesday August 20 2013
Arsenal negotiate for Guaita

Arsenal have reportedly sent a representative out to Valencia to negotiate terms of a possible deal for Vicente Guaita.

The Gunners are reported in Spain this week as having stepped up interest in Los Che’s 26-year-old vice-captain, who has previously been linked this summer with Barcelona.

Valencia are known to have a contract renewal offer on the table for Guaita but the player was reported after the weekend game against Malaga in some sections of the media as not taking a place on the bench behind Diego Alves too well.

NEWS
Wednesday July 17 2013
No Soldado offers say Valencia

Valencia President Amadeo Salvo says the club have not received any offers for star striker Roberto Soldado.

Furthermore, Salvo insisted that Los Che are not a selling club amid reported rumours that players such as Pablo Piatti, Adil Rami and Diego Alves could be sold to ease financial difficulties.

“Valencia will stand firm and we have not received any offers for Roberto Soldado,” declared Salvo at the presentation of new youth team Coach Nico Estevez.

Football Italia website