NEWS
Thursday April 2 2015
Aduriz unhappy at Camp Nou choice

Athletic Bilbao striker Aritz Aduriz admits he is disappointed that the Camp Nou has been selected to host this year’s Copa del Rey final.

The Basques will have to travel to face Barcelona in what essentially is a home game for Luis Enrique’s side and Aduriz, who has just recovered from injury, admits he is not impressed at the choice of venue.

“The venue is something I have an opinion on but it’s not a very positive one. We should start by thanking someone at Madrid,” he is quoted by Sport as saying.

NEWS
Thursday May 22 2014
Aduriz’s Bilbao rallying cry

Aritz Aduriz has issued a rallying cry to his Bilbao teammates to qualify for the Champions League Group Stage in August.

The Basque outfit finished fourth in La Liga this season to secure a return to Europe’s premier club competition, with the forward himself scoring 16 goals in a highly successful campaign.

Speaking at a Press conference, the 33-year-old praised the collective efforts of Los Leones this term and promised the team would go on the attack against any team they might come up against in Champions League qualifying.

NEWS
Friday November 15 2013
Athletic’s Aduriz appeal rejected

The Appeals Committee have rejected Athletic Bilbao’s application to have striker Aritz Aduriz’s two-game suspension overturned.

The Basques saw their forward handed the punishment by the Competition Committee earlier this week for his complaints towards the match official after being sent off at Granada for having been adjudged to have clashed with an opponent off the ball.

NEWS
Thursday November 14 2013
Aduriz ‘did nothing’ for ban

Athletic Bilbao President Josu Urrutia has outlined the club’s frustration with the authorities for banning Aritz Aduriz for two games.

The striker was sent off at the weekend after a coming together with a Granada opponent and, whilst the club’s appeal against the decision was successful, the player still has a two-game ban to serve due to insults he directed at the referee after the red card.

NEWS
Saturday September 21 2013
'Athletic the most important thing'

Despite not finding the net so far this season, Aritz Aduriz is delighted with Athletic Bilbao’s start to the season.

Los Leones have won three of their first four games, including their first one at the new San Mames stadium.

And even though he hasn’t bagged himself, the goalscorer is pleased with the opening matches.

“So far I have not scored a goal, but I feel good,” he told AS. “The first thing is the team.

“We have nine points at this point, so we have to be satisfied.

NEWS
Friday September 13 2013
‘Monday will be historical, but...’

Aritz Aduriz has reflected that whilst Athletic Bilbao’s first game in their new San Mames stadium will carry significance, focus must only be on beating Celta Vigo.

The Basque Country outfit officially begin life in their new San Mames this Monday evening at home to the Galicians, after last season bringing to a close 100 years in the old San Mames ground just next door.

For the team’s leading striker, the new ground has already left a strong impression.

NEWS
Tuesday August 6 2013
Sola: I’m not Llorente’s replacement

Kike Sola says he is not Fernando Llorente’s replacement at Athletic Bilbao, nor is he Aritz Aduriz’s direct rival for the main striker role.

Spanish international Llorente switched to Juventus in a high-profile move this summer, while Sola was snapped up from Osasuna for a reported €4m, and the Navarre-born player revealed he is delighted to return to the club he played for as a youth between the ages of 12 and 17.

NEWS
Monday July 29 2013
Sola: I'll learn from Aduriz

New Athletic Bilbao striker Kike Sola has admitted he is delighted to be at the club, and believes he can 'learn a lot' from Aritz Aduriz.

The 27-year-old joined Los Leones from Osasuna this summer, and the forward has conceded that he can't wait to play for Ernesto Valverde's team.

“I'm very happy,” he told Mundo Deportivo. “Very happy to be here. I have to adapt because it's a new stage for me.

“I'm sure it won't be a problem though – we have a good group with a lot of quality players.

NEWS
Friday July 19 2013
Aduriz believes in Sola impact

Aritz Aduriz has backed strike partner Kike Sola to be a success at Athletic Bilbao in a season that the players face ‘with a spark and enthusiasm’.

Aduriz has this summer seen Fernando Llorente leave on Bosmon deal for Juventus and Sola brought in from Osasuna as his replacement.

Whilst representing competition for places, the 32-year-old sees only the positive in his new 27-year-old colleague’s presence.

NEWS
Thursday April 11 2013
Llorente to start against Madrid

Fernando Llorente is set for a rare run-out for Athletic Bilbao next weekend, as Aritz Aduriz is suspended for the visit of Real Madrid.

Llorente, who is running down his contract ahead of a Bosman move to Juventus in the summer, has found himself out of favour through the season, playing second choice behind Aduriz.

However, with the club’s top scorer for the season suspended for the visit of Los Blancos at the weekend, for an accumulation of yellow cards, the signs are that Llorente will step into the first XI.

Football Italia website