NEWS
Sunday November 3 2019
Atletico Madrid face injury worries ahead of Bayer Leverkusen tie

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone is facing injury concerns ahead of their midweek trip to Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.

The Argentine coach confirmed that he could potentially have new injury concerns following their 1-1 draw at Sevilla in La Liga this weekend, with Kieran Trippier and Thomas Lemar both withdrawn at half time.

NEWS
Saturday October 12 2019
Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in Kai Havertz

Real Madrid have reportedly joined Barcelona in the race to sign Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz.

Ernesto Valverde's side were linked with a move for the German international over the summer, however they opted against a deal after bringing in Antoine Griezmann and Frenkie De Jong.

The 20-year old has come through the youth ranks at the Bundesliga side, and established himself as a regular in the last two seasons, as a key figure in their midfield.

NEWS
Saturday June 22 2019
Martin Odegaard attracting interest from Real Sociedad

Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard is attracting interest from both La Liga and Bundesliga sides.

The Norwegian international is set to leave the Santiago Bernabeu before the start of the 2019-20 campaign, after the cub confirmed they would be open to 

The 20-year old midfielder has been widely linked with a transfer for Bayer Leverkusen, however according to reports in Marca, Real Sociedad have now entered the race to sign him.

NEWS
Monday May 21 2018
Madrid want Leverkusen's Bailey

Real Madrid have registered an interest in highly-rated Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey, according to reports.

ESPN FC state the 20-year-old has been identified by Los Blancos as a potential replacement for Gareth Bale, who could be sold this summer.

The Jamaican-born player has been linked to a host of top European clubs including Bayern Munich, who had been reported to be lining up a €60m bid.

NEWS
Thursday March 30 2017
Leno 'honoured' by Madrid links

Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno has admitted it is an ‘honour’ to be linked to Real Madrid but he’s just concentrating on Bayer Leverkusen.

A report in Kicker has linked the 25-year-old goalkeeper with a move to the Bernabeu who is said to have a €20m release clause in his contract with the Bundesliga club.

"It honours you when you are linked with Real," Leno told kicker.

"[But] in the current situation I want to fully focus on Leverkusen."

NEWS
Wednesday March 15 2017
Simeone: Atleti, keep winning!

Diego Simeone insists Atletico Madrid must not lose focus and keep winning after they reached the Champions League quarter-finals.

A stalemate was enough for Atleti to eliminate Bayer Leverkusen and make the last eight of Europe’s elite club competition for the fourth straight season, leaving Simeone understandably delighted but also cautious of over-confidence.

“I’m very happy for the club and the players,” the Coach said after the game.

NEWS
Wednesday March 15 2017
Grizi: Oblak the world’s best

Atletico Madrid ace Antoine Griezmann claims Jan Oblak “is the best goalkeeper in the world” after the Slovenian’s string of saves against Bayer Leverkusen.

Oblak made a triple save to deny Julian Brandt and Kevin Volland, before following up with two more stops to prevent Kevin Kampl and Leon Bailey as Atleti held on for a 4-2 aggregate victory in the Champions League last 16.

“We had some chances but were out of luck,” the forward said after the match.

NEWS
Wednesday March 15 2017
Oblak hails Atleti achievement

Jan Oblak hailed Atletico Madrid’s achievement of four straight Champions League quarter-finals as “it’s not easy at all” to accomplish.

Oblak played a starring role in Atleti’s goalless draw with Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday, which was enough to ensure Diego Simeone had taken Los Colchoneros into the last eight in each of his four Champions League campaigns at the helm.

“To be in Europe’s top eight for the fourth consecutive year, it’s not easy at all,” the goalkeeper said after the game.

NEWS
Wednesday March 15 2017
Atleti ease into CL quarters

Atletico Madrid eased into the Champions League quarter-finals after a goalless draw with Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday.

Fernando Torres had missed Atleti’s last two games due to a head injury scare, but the striker was back among the substitutes. Filipe Luis and Gabi Fernandez, however, were suspended from the first leg, which ended 4-2 to Los Colchoneros.

NEWS
Wednesday March 15 2017
Atleti v Leverkusen as it happened

Atletico Madrid take four away goals into their Champions League last-16 second leg against Bayer Leverkusen this evening.

Follow the action at the Vicente Calderon as it happens with our feed below - and be sure to tweet us back on @footballespana_ with your thoughts on the game!

Football Italia website