NEWS
Friday October 11 2019
Guardiola and Simeone both born winners - Man City's Rodri

Manchester City midfielder Rodri has spoken on the contrasts of working under Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone.

The deep-lying midfielder became the record signing of the English champions this summer when he arrived in a €70m deal from Atletico Madrid.

The 23-year-old spent just one season at Los Rojiblancos, for whom he joined from Villarreal the previous year and became one of the most effectual players in his position in world football.

NEWS
Friday October 11 2019
Lucas Hernandez, not Griezmann, Atletico Madrid's biggest loss - Simeone

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone believes defender Lucas Hernandez was the club’s most significant summer play departure.

The France international joined Bayern Munich this summer in an €80m deal having coming up through the youth system at Los Rojiblancos.

However, Simeone’s admission that he was the most important player to leave the club may have raised a few eyebrows, due to Antoine Griezmann also leaving the club this summer to join Barcelona for €120m.

NEWS
Thursday October 10 2019
Demolishment of Atletico Madrid's former Vicente Calderon stadium

The Vicente Calderon stadium, former home of Atletico Madrid, is in the final stages of its deconstruction process.

A photo gallery in Marca shows that there is just one side of the stadium, alongside the M-30 road in the Spanish capital, still standing.

Earlier this summer, it was confirmed that Atleti have generated €100m in selling two plots of land at their old home, with a further plot still to go.

NEWS
Thursday October 10 2019
James Rodriguez spoke to me about Atletico Madrid - Arias

Atletico Madrid defender Santiago Arias has confessed that Real Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez spoke to him about joining the club.

James had been heavily linked with a permanent exit from Los Blancos this summer with both Napoli and Atleti said to have been the leading candidates, although he eventually remained at Madrid.

“We talked about Atleti, it is true,” Arias told Onda Madrid, as cited by Marca.

NEWS
Thursday October 10 2019
Valencia striker Rodrigo Moreno: Atletico Madrid move was close

Valencia striker Rodrigo Moreno has admitted he came close to joining Atletico Madrid this summer before a move broke down.

A multitude of reports in summer claimed a deal was close while a report from August in Marca claimed Atleti ‘were certain’ the move will be processed and it just a matter of time until there is official confirmation.

NEWS
Thursday October 10 2019
Thomas Partey set to sign new Atletico Madrid contract

Atletico Madrid are in negotiations to extend and improve the contract of their midfielder Thomas Partey, say reports.

The 26-year-old has been in fine form for Los Rojiblancos this campaign and has been involved in nine matches for the team to date, netting two goals - including a last-minute winner against Eibar.

NEWS
Tuesday October 8 2019
Atletico Madrid treated with double standards - Morata

Alvaro Morata believes that officials apply ‘double standards’ to Atletico Madrid following his recent sending off.

The striker was sent-off in a recent 2-0 victory at Real Mallorca as both he and Mallorca’s Xisco Campos were booked for squaring up late in the evening La Liga clash, with Morata then quickly shown a second yellow card after dissent.

Morata then angrily told Spanish media after the match: “Let Xisco Campos say it (what was said) if he has the guts, I did nothing.”

NEWS
Sunday October 6 2019
Atletico Madrid's Thomas Partey house robbed for second time in a week

Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey’s house has been the target of a robbery for the second time in the space of a week, according to reports.

The 26-year-old’s residence in Boadilla del Monte was targeted on Monday afternoon while his housekeeper - who escaped unharmed - was present, as outlined by Marca.

NEWS
Friday October 4 2019
Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno again linked to Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid will reopen negotiations with Valencia in January over a deal for Spain international Rodrigo Moreno, say reports.

A multitude of reports in summer claimed a deal was close while a report from August in Marca claimed Atleti ‘were certain’ the move will be processed and it just a matter of time until there is official confirmation.

NEWS
Friday October 4 2019
Ajax defender Nicolas Tagliafico reveals Atletico Madrid interest

Ajax full-back Nicolas Tagliafico has revealed Atletico Madrid made an attempt to sign him over the summer.

Filipe Luis and Lucas Hernandez both left Los Rojiblancos this summer and the club needed to upgrade their left full-back position, with Brazilian Renan Lodi signed.

Arsenal and Real Madrid were also said to also be keen on a move for the Argentine, who is valued at €20m - but they ended up landing Kieran Tierney and Ferland Mendy respectively.

Football Italia website