NEWS
Wednesday October 23 2019
Atletico Madrid eye Gladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria

Atletico Madrid want to sign Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria, according to reports.

Diario AS cites a report in German outlet Express which claims the 22-year-old is on Atleti’s radar and claims that he would be available for transfer in the region of €40m.

NEWS
Wednesday October 23 2019
Man City's Champions League clash with Atletico at risk

Atletico Madrid’s Champions League last 16 clash against Manchester City is in doubt due to strike action in Spanish football.

The Association of Women's Football Clubs (ACFF) had been holding a series of meetings with the UGT, Futbolistas ON and AFE unions, but no agreement has been reached on a number of issues, including the annual minimum wage.

In a press conference held on Tuesday, footballers confirmed that they will be holding a strike - with more than 93 percent of those who met in Madrid on the same day supporting the motion.

NEWS
Tuesday October 22 2019
Diego Simeone hails 'passion' from Atletico Madrid

Diego Simeone praised the passion of his Atletico Madrid side after they edged out Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday.

Alvaro Morata’s second half pressure eased the pressure on Los Rojiblancos and put them on the brink of qualification for the last 16 of the competition.

Both Atleti and Juventus now have seven points from their opening three rounds of action and are both within touching distance of securing qualification.

NEWS
Tuesday October 22 2019
Atletico Madrid want West Brom defender Nathan Ferguson

Atletico Madrid have entered the race to sign highly-rated West Bromwich Albion defender Nathan Ferguon, say reports.

The 19-year-old has started 12 of Albion’s first 13 Championship matches this campaign and has quickly emerged as a rising star in English football.

The left-back - who is naturally right-footed and is said to be tactically adaptable - had been linked earlier this week with a move to Tottenham, who are said to be hopeful of renovating their defence next year.

NEWS
Tuesday October 22 2019
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid 'pact for players'

Barcelona have reportedly paid Atletico Madrid €15m for first option on signing Saul Niguez, Jose Maria Gimenez and three other academy players.

A report in El Mundo claims the deal is a confidential one that will be denied by both clubs and was agreed to smooth relations between the clubs following the deal for Antoine Griezmann.

NEWS
Tuesday October 22 2019
Kieran Trippier: I knew it was time to leave Tottenham

Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier has explained that he knew this summer was the right time for him to leave Tottenham.

Trippier has replaced Juanfran on the right-hand side of the defence at Los Rojiblancos and his encouraging start could well be a sign of things to come, with a great deal of excitement around his start to life in La Liga.

The England international completed his move from Tottenham this summer and also insisted it was always his intention to play abroad.

NEWS
Sunday October 20 2019
Joao Felix out for Atletico Madrid for three weeks

Atletico Madrid’s attacking crisis has deepened with fears that forward Joao Felix will miss three weeks with an ankle injury.

A club statement has confirmed that the star forward is set to miss between two and three weeks with a Grade II ankle sprain in what represents a fresh blow to Atleti.

Los Rojiblancos have failed to find the net in three of their last six matches and the Portuguese teenager is one of their leading attacking lights.

NEWS
Sunday October 20 2019
Atletico Madrid's Joao Felix ruled out for three weeks

Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix is set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury dirong the 1-1 draw at home to Valencia.

The Portuguese international was withdrawn with 10 minutes to go at the Wanda Metropolitano, and a club statement confirmed he is set to miss the next two to three weeks with a Grade II ankle sprain.

He was taken to hospital for tests following after being substituted and will now miss Atleti's next run of games in both La Liga and Champions League action.

NEWS
Saturday October 19 2019
Atletico Madrid hit by injuries for Valencia clash

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has confirmed he will be without three first team players for today's clash with Valencia.

Los Rojiblancos welcome Albert Celedas' side to the Estadio Metropolitano, on the back of a six game unbeaten run in all competitions.

However they will be without Vitolo, Stefan Savic and Ivan Saponjic for the game, with Simeone confirming that Spanish international Vitolo could return for their midweek Champions League game with Bayer Leverkusen.

NEWS
Friday October 18 2019
Atletico Madrid in chase for PSG striker Edinson Cavani

Atletico Madrid are one of a number of clubs interested in landing Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani next year, say reports.

Calciomercato are citing a report in L'Equipe that Atleti are interested in the Uruguayan alongside Manchester United and a trio of Italian clubs - Inter, Napoli and Juventus.

Football Italia website