NEWS
Monday December 2 2019
Barcelona fear losing 'essential' Arturo Vidal to Inter

Barcelona and Ernesto Valverde view midfielder Arturo Vidal as an ‘essential’ player but fear the player will leave for Inter.

That is according to a report in ESPN Deportes, which claim that the Milanese giants will try to tempt the Chilean midfielder with a January offer.

The two clubs play each other in their final Champions League group game this month and it is said by the report that the Blaugrana fear Inter launching a fresh offensive to the player’s entourage at that point.

The Chilean midfielder has started just four matches across all competitions for the Blaugrana despite scoring in four different matches in La Liga to date.

“If in December or when the season ends I do not feel that I am important at Barcelona, I will have to find a solution and expand horizons to feel important,” Vidal told TV3 in Catalonia last week, in a fresh hint that he may seek a move as early as this winter.

A report in Gazzetta dello Sport last month reiterated Inter boss Antonio Conte has highlighted the central midfield area for strengthening this coming window.

“Interest from Inter? I lived very nice moments with Antonio Conte,” Vidal admitted in an interview with Chilean outlet El Mercurio, as cited by Marca, in October.

“The quality leap I enjoyed was thanks to him. In football the most important thing is trust and when a Coach of that prestige gives it to you, then you improve a lot.”

In August, a report in FcInterNews claimed that the Nerazzurri had received positive signals from the Catalan giants over the summer months over a possible move and that Vidal himself is open to the move.

The Chilean looked set for Inter in the summer of 2018 until the Blaugrana swooped in late to sign him from Bayern Munich.

Vidal, has previously consistently reiterated his desire to stay at the Camp Nou - where he played an important role in winning the title last season.

However, the arrival of Dutch international Frenkie De Jong at the club has pushed him further down the pecking order in Ernesto Valverde's side, and Inter boss Conte is waiting to make an offer should he look to move on from Catalonia.

With two years still to run on his contract, Vidal will not be a cheap option, and the Blaugrana are likely to demand in the region of €25m for the 32-year old, if Conte wants to be reunited with the player he won three league titles with at Juventus.

“I would follow him everywhere, even in war,” he was once quoted as saying about the Coach.

Football Italia website