Spain and Robert Moreno have officially ended their association following a settlement reached on Wednesday, report Cadena Cope.
The same outlet reported last night that Luis Enrique’s one request upon returning to the Spain bench was that Robert Moreno would not be involved.
The report states that Enrique said there was no chance he would work again with Moreno - his long-term number two - due to a high-profile fallout between the two: ‘the chances are zero.’
It is claimed by the media outlet that there are several reasons for such a fallout, but primarily because Enrique believes Moreno did not contact him during his tough personal circumstances this year.
Enrique stepped down from the role of Spain boss earlier this year to look after his terminally ill daughter, who tragically then passed away - with Moreno replacing him in the hotseat.
Moreno guided Spain to the European Championships next summer with an unbeaten record - seven wins from nine games - but has now been relieved of his duties by the Spanish FA.
The fresh report claims Moreno did not visit Enrique either at his home in Barcelona or at the hospital during his daughter’s illness.
Moreno – previous number two at Roma, Celta Vigo and Barcelona – is said to be very well-liked within La Roja’s squad but has repeatedly said he would step down should Enrique feel he could return to the role.
Enrique was appointed national team boss following Spain's exit from the 2018 World Cup in the last 16.
He was in charge for the Nations League, where Spain failed to reach the semi-finals, and remained in place for the beginning of their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign.
However, he temporarily stopped taking charge of matches from March this year before officially stepping down three months later.