NEWS
Wednesday November 13 2019
Barcelona striker Luis Suarez opens to MLS move - report

Luis Suarez is considering his future at Barcelona and is open to joining a club in MLS when his contract expires in 2021, say Calciomercato.

Inter Miami - the American club owned by David Beckham - have made an approach for Barcelona striker Luis Suarez, according to Catalan radio.

In June, Diario Sport cited a report on Esport3 from journalist Xavi Campos that the proposal was a four-year contract which would commence from next summer.

The last report however suggests that the two American teams leading the race for the marksman are LA Galaxy and New York City FC.

Last week, Seattle Sounders midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro, a Uruguayan international teammate of Suarez, once more sparked speculation on a move.

“I think you need to convince Barcelona [because] he wants to come to MLS,” Lodeiro said.

“He is always asking me about the league. His dream was to play for Barcelona. He's playing at a great level and he feels comfortable there.

“Sooner or later he'll come to MLS, though. Well, hopefully. He likes the league. He's always asking me things about it. I think it's only a matter of time before he's out here.”

The Uruguayan international striker will celebrate his 33rd birthday in January and his contract at the Camp Nou runs through until 2021.

The former Liverpool frontman has been identified as the star name to lead the Miami-based project, and the report claims that ‘he has not rejected’ the proposal.

It is said to be a seducing offer as it would be the final major contract of the striker’s career and it would coincide with Barca’s need to replace the striker in their starting line-up.

The striker has netted 185 goals across 259 appearances for the Catalan giants.

Football Italia website