NEWS
Monday October 21 2019
Real Madrid offer Isco, Mariano Diaz to Spurs for Christian Eriksen

Real Madrid are willing to offer Tottenham Isco and Mariano Diaz in order to land Christian Eriksen in January, say reports.

El Desmarque cite a report in Diario AS that both players are expendable and the club will decide to clear them from the wage bill in order to make room for the Denmark international.

Zinedine Zidane is thought to be a keen admirer of Isco but equally would not block a transfer should a big-money offer come in from elsewhere.

Juventus, Milan and Manchester City have been among the clubs linked to the playmaker but no interest has ever been formalised with an offer.

The 26-year-old had been frozen out of the starting XI by previous Madrid boss Santiago Solari – not starting a match across La Liga or the Champions League under the Frenchman’s predecessor.

Isco has a contract at the Santiago Bernabeu until 2021 but found the net just three times in a mere 11 La Liga starts last season, with his future appearing to be in the balance.

It appears unlikely that the former Malaga playmaker will be a regular in Madrid’s line-up this season while any sale would be a reluctant one - he did make a rare start against Real Mallorca at the weekend but underperformed, like the rest of his teammates.

Multiple reports in Spain had linked striker Mariano with an exit from Los Blancos this summer with Real Betis and Monaco among the clubs strongly rumoured to be interested, while El Mundo Deportivo also outlined interest from Milan.

Marseille are also said to hold an interest in the player while Espanyol - who have lost Borja Iglesias - and Valencia, who had feared Rodrigo Moreno would depart, are also said to be keen.

Mariano, 25, netted twice in Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal in May in what was only his third league start of that campaign - whilst he is thought to be a peripheral figure again this season - with Karim Benzema and Luka Jovic as the established first choice strikers.

It is said that the biggest stumbling block with regards to any move would be the striker’s €5m annual wage.

The Dominican forward had previously netted just two goals across all competitions with game-time limited and suffering a series of hamstring injuries.

Football Italia website