NEWS
Tuesday September 17 2019
Albert Celades: I'm in charge at Valencia

New Valencia boss Albert Celades insists he is responsible for decisions at the club amid his turbulent start in his role.

The Coach replaced the hugely-popular Marcelino Garcia Toral, who was sacked last week, with his first match a torrid 5-2 defeat at Barcelona on Saturday night.

There have been various claims that the Coach no longer has full control at Los Che, with the influence of president Peter Lim said to be greater than originally presented.

The fractions at the club were evident during Monday’s press conference - with no first-team squad player making himself available to sit alongside Celades in front of the press.

“While I am here, the decisions will be made by me - even if I don’t shout much about them,” Celades told reporters on Monday, as cited by Marca.

“I am calm here and I don’t have any fear, for me this is an exciting challenge and I am fully ready to meet the expectations that are here.

“Of course the situation is not ideal but we will work on it and improve, we are playing in the best club competition in the world and must showcase ourselves.

“Chelsea are a great team and another big challenge for us.”

Football Italia website