NEWS
Monday August 19 2019
Milan in talks for Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz

Milan sporting director Paolo Maldini has flown into the Spanish capital to negotiate the signing of Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz, say reports.

Multiple reports in Spain have linked Mariano with an exit from Los Blancos this summer with Real Betis and Monaco among the clubs strongly rumoured to be interested, but El Mundo Deportivo outline the Rossoneri's interest.

Marseille are also said to hold an interest in the player while Espanyol - who have lost Borja Iglesias - and Valencia, whose Rodrigo Moreno mayyet depart, are also said to be keen.

Mariano, 25, netted twice in Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal in May in what was only his third league start of the campaign - whilst he is thought to be a peripheral figure again this season.

He has not featured in any of the club’s three pre-season friendlies to date while Tottenham have also been linked with a move for the striker who spent the 2017/18 campaign in Ligue 1 with Lyon.

It is said that the biggest stumbling block with regards to any move would be the striker’s €5m annual wage.

The Dominican forward had previously netted just two goals across all competitions with game-time limited and suffering a series of hamstring injuries.

Football Italia website