NEWS
Thursday August 1 2019
Atletico Madrid launch new bid for James Rodriguez

Atletico Madrid have tabled a renewed bid of €50m to land playmaker James Rodriguez from cross-city rivals Real Madrid, say reports.

TeleMadrid say Los Rojiblancos have set a deadline of Friday for Madrid to respond to the offer, as they aim to finalise their transfer window business.

The Colombian playmaker has been heavily linked with a permanent exit from Los Blancos this summer with both Napoli and Atleti said to be the leading candidates.

However, there had been suggestions that no move would come to fruition this summer with Atleti falling short of the valuation and Madrid reluctant to sell to a direct rival, while Napoli wanted an initial loan move for the player.

James has returned to Madrid following a two-year loan spell at the Bavarian club having started just 13 Bundesliga matches this campaign and is said to want more regular first-team football.

The former Porto and Monaco star spent three seasons at Los Blancos, helping them to two European titles, but started just 13 La Liga games in his final campaign.

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti brought James from Monaco to the Spanish capital back in 2014 and worked with him again during his time with Bundesliga giants Bayern.

Football Italia website