NEWS
Friday July 12 2019
Tottenham in for Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz

Mariano Diaz is determined to fight for his place at Real Madrid despite receiving an offer from Tottenham, according to Diario AS.

The report outlines how the defeated Champions League finalists hold an interest in the player, alongside Italian clubs Milan and Roma.

The 25-year-old netted twice in Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal in May in what was only his third league start of the campaign - whilst he is thought to be a peripheral figure again next season.

The Dominican forward had previously netted just two goals across all competitions with game-time limited and suffering a series of hamstring injuries.

Milan are said to have asked about the striker’s availability during talks to sign Theo Hernandez from Madrid in a €20m deal but need to first offload Patrick Cutrone.

In May, Valencia were linked with a move for Mariano with Los Che said to be keen to bolster their attacking options with the possibility that striker Rodrigo Moreno will leave this summer.

Mariano was said to have been keen on a move to the Mestalla should Madrid dispense with his services, due to their participation in the Champions League.

Football Italia website