NEWS
Thursday July 11 2019
Valencia's Santi Mina to return to Celta Vigo

Valencia forward Santi Mina has agreed to return to Celta Vigo as part of the deal taking Maxi Gomez to Valencia, report Cadena Cope.

The 23-year-old scored 13 goals in 45 matches last campaign after hitting 15 goals across 38 games in the previous season and despite Los Che being reluctant to sell the forward, who they signed from Celta in 2015 for €10m, they have sanctioned the move.

“He is a great reinforcement for us, it will give us many more alternatives in attack,” Celta boss Fran Escriba has said.

Gomez’s contract at Celta contains a €50m release clause but Celta had been said to be trying to negotiate to include Mina in a deal plus an upfront fee of €25m.

Celta swooped for Gomez from Defensor Sporting for just €4m two summers ago but after a prolific start to life in La Liga his form has been questioned in recent months.

The frontman has netted just four times in his last 18 appearances while the Galician club have struggled in the absence of his strike partner Iago Aspas, who struggled with injuries this season

Gomez has hit 30 La Liga goals in 68 starts since joining from Uruguay in 2017.

Mina would be the second player from Celta’s youth system to return to the club this summer after they completed a deal for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez.

Football Italia website