NEWS
Thursday June 20 2019
Atletico Madrid to confirm Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid will confirm the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente imminently, report Diario AS.

It has been said that the two have agreed personal terms but the delay was in Los Blancos haggling over a greater fee for the player.

Diario AS reported earlier this week that Madrid were holding out for €50m for the player while Atleti are only willing to pay €40m, after Cadena Cope stated negotiations were very advanced.

It now appears that the deal will be going through at €40m, while Madrid will also not hold any percentage of a future sale.

Llorente has never been a regular in Madrid’s starting line-up and previous reports have claimed that both Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in a deal.

Los Rojiblancos fear that midfielder Rodri will leave the club this summer should his €70m release clause be activated, with Manchester City and Bayern Munich among the clubs linked.

Llorente had been in line for a January loan move to Basque club Alaves but this was scrapped due to his performances, but after a promising run of form he suffered an injury setback.

The 24-year-old has made 37 senior appearances for the club, scoring twice, but has made just five La Liga appearances this campaign and Zidane has publicly said he should leave the club on loan.

“Marcos needs more first-team minutes,” Zidane told reporters in April.

“He was incredible during the season where he played (on loan) at Alaves (in the 2016-17 campaign) and a similar situation would be the best-case scenario for him again.”

Transfermarkt rates Llorente’s transfer value at €15m while it is also claimed that Roma have registered an interest.

Earlier reports in Marca say that Zinedine Zidane has personally told the midfielder he can leave the club this summer.

Football Italia website