NEWS
Thursday June 6 2019
Neymar 'says no to Real Madrid, yes to Barcelona'

Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar has rejected the chance to join Real Madrid but remains open to re-joining Barcelona, report Diario Sport.

Brazilian star Neymar left the Camp Nou for Paris in the summer of 2017 for a world record €222m fee, but reports continue to suggest he may be open to a departure from the Parisians.

Neymar has continually been linked with a return to Spain since his departure with the Catalan giants and Real Madrid said to be keen on a future transfer.

This fresh report claims both Madrid president Florentino Perez and general director José Ángel Sánchez have been knocked back in their approaches to speak to the former Santos star.

The report continues that Chelsea star Eden Hazard is a ‘consolation prize’ for Los Blancos while the Blaugrana’s dressing room have continually ‘left the door open’ for Neymar to return.

A report in Marca last month claimed the Catalan giants were open to the possibility of selling Ousmane Dembele this summer, while the future of Philippe Coutinho is also under scrutiny.

The 22-year-old has been limited to just 32 starts in La Liga from a possible 76 matches due to a number of injuries, while he has also reportedly been the subject of disciplinary issues.

Coutinho has struggled badly for form since his €160m switch from Liverpool in January 2018 and has been heavily linked with an exit from the club.

Football Italia website