NEWS
Friday May 31 2019
Valencia plan for Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz

Valencia are prepared to wait until the end of the summer transfer window to sign Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz, report Diario AS.

The 25-year-old netted twice in Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal earlier this month in what was only his third league start of the campaign.

The Dominican forward had previously netted just two goals across all competitions with game-time limited and suffering a series of hamstring injuries.

Los Che are said to be keen to bolster their attacking options with the possibility that striker Rodrigo Moreno will leave this summer.

The fresh report claims Mariano is ‘almost certain’ to leave the outgoing European champions this summer and have likened Valencia’s patience with him to that of Goncalo Guedes last summer.

The club waited until the end of the summer transfer window in 2018 to sign the Portuguese forward from Paris Saint-Germain and will take a similar approach this time around.

Mariano is said to be keen on a move to the Mestalla should Madrid dispense with his services, due to their participation in the Champions League.

Football Italia website