NEWS
Friday May 24 2019
Frankfurt 'can't stop' Real Madrid target Luka Jovic from leaving

Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic has admitted star striker Luka Jovic, a target of Real Madrid, may leave the club this summer.

The German club were speaking on the future of the in-form striker alongside his in-demand teammates Sebastian Haller and Ante Rebic.

Marca have previously heavily linked Madrid with a move for the Serbian striker, who they say is their striking priority this summer, with the clubs said to be locked in talks over a €70m transfer.

Following reports that negotiations between the club and the player have already opened, it is suggested that Los Blancos initially have suggested €50m for a transfer, but the German club are holding out for €70m.

“We do not need to sell to anybody for economic reasons, but anything can happen, we can even lose all three,” Bobic told Bild, as cited by Marca.

“I can guarantee the three have had a lot of fun playing in Eintracht, but at some point other forces will come into play and there will be nothing to do if they decide to leave.”

The striker netted 17 goals in 25 Bundesliga starts this season, more than anyone else in the division apart from Robert Lewandowski, while he also netted 10 goals in the Europa League this campaign.

The reports claim the Bosnian-born striker is the ‘number one choice’ at the outgoing European champions to reinvigorate their attack.

Frankfurt signed the striker permanently from Benfica in an €8m deal last month but they are now expected to sell him to Los Blancos for a sizable profit, although Benfica are entitled to 30% of any fee.

Madrid are said to hold a strong interest in the Serbian while Barcelona are said to be no longer in the running.

Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in a deal.

Football Italia website